At FloridaMakes, we exist to make a measurable difference and serve the public good. If your organization has suffered damage, or anytime you are in need of further assistance, please contact us through your Regional Manufacturers Associations.
How are you managing the disruption caused by the crisis? Use this checklist to help your company react to and prepare for disruptions caused by COVID-19.
Return To Work & Recovery Guide
Are you a manufacturer planning on opening business again but do not know where to start? Click here to download a guide that will help give you guidance to navigate your business post-COVID-19.
Supply Chain Disruption Planning
Advanced preparation and business continuity planning will mitigate risks and help a business continue operating despite a crisis. Moving into hurricane season, COVID-19 is still affecting many businesses and it's important to prepare and navigate through both hurricane season and COVID-19 to ensure business resiliency.
Click here to download the checklist.
Need help to strategize opening operations? Contact your local business advisor here.
- How to Keep Generating Revenue During a Crisis - View the webinar recording here.
- COVID-19 Best Practices Series
- Legislation changes, staffing, and marketing - View the webinar recording here and download the slide deck here.
- Stimulus plan, insurance, and access to capital - View the webinar recording here and download the slide deck here.
- Blockchain, cybersecurity and managing liquidity - View the webinar recording here and download the slide deck here.
- Interpreting the CARES Act for Manufacturers and Modeling Liquidity for Financial Clarity - View the webinar recording here and download the slide deck here.
- Manufacturers Round Table: How has COVID 19 affected your business? View the webinar recording here.
- Manufacturing COVID19 workplace safety program - View the webinar recording here and download the slide deck here.
- Helping your employees cope now and prepare for the future - View the webinar recording here and downloand the slide deck here.
Workforce Training & Development
FloridaMakes as partnered with Tooling U-SME, an online training provider to off-set the cost of bringing high quality, customized, on-site training to manufacturers. With COVID-19 disrupting businesses, Tooling-U offers more than 500 unique online classes to provide a broad offering of manufacturing training topics, which can help keep you and your workers' skillsets sharp during these times. To learn more information about specific educational pathways offered, click here. To watch an in-depth webinar about this new tool, click here.
COVID-19 Response: Manufacturing Survey
The US and global economy are in uncharted waters at this time. Florida is no different. Functioning critical infrastructure is imperative during the response to the COVID-19 emergency for both public health, safety and community well-being. It will be even more important in the critical recovery effort to follow. In Florida, manufacturers are identified as essential critical infrastructure that bears a unique responsibility during this crisis to continue operations and, in many cases, contribute to the accelerated demand for much-needed materials and supplies brought about through this crisis and for the overall sustainability of our communities.
The information shared will assist us in helping with the COVID-19 response in the following ways:
- Get manufacturing capabilities connected to the critical demands being generated during this period. (Answers to questions 1 through 5 will be made available through Connex Florida – Florida’s Supply Chain Solution to be drawn upon at this time of critical demand.)
- Learn about the current challenges of Florida's manufacturing industry; whether there is a need for technical, business/financial, or workforce assistance to either sustain operations or scale-up production. (Answers to questions 6 through 14 will remain confidential and will help us develop new tools and / or improve our current resources to assist manufacturers.)
Click HERE to complete the survey
Safe Work Playbook – COVID-19 Pandemic Preparedness and Response
Created by Lear Corp, this is an interactive guide to help navigate your team with recommended operations of your manufacturing facility during COVID-19. CLICK HERE to access the guide.
General resources: www.FloridaDisaster.biz
Resources for businesses: https://www.floridadisaster.org/business/
Disaster planning toolkit: https://floridadisaster.biz/DisasterPlanningToolkit
Florida Department of Health resources: www.floridahealth.gov/diseases-and-conditions/COVID-19/Resources.html
Florida Department of Emergency Management (DEM) and Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) disaster resources for businesses: www.FloridaDisaster.biz .
For additional disaster resources in the state of Florida please visit our partner's resource site: Florida Economic Development Council
Assistance for American Workers and Families
In the weeks immediately after the passage of the CARES Act, Americans will see fast and direct relief in the form of Economic Impact Payments. For more information, CLICK HERE.
US Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) guidance for businesses and employers: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/organizations/businesses-employers.html
Assistance for Small Businesses
The Paycheck Protection Program prioritizes millions of Americans employed by small businesses by authorizing up to $349 billion toward job retention and certain other expenses.
Small businesses and eligible nonprofit organizations, Veterans organizations, and Tribal businesses described in the Small Business Act, as well as individuals who are self-employed or are independent contractors, are eligible if they also meet program size standards.
Business continuity toolkit and templates:
Paycheck Protection Program Resources
- SBA Paycheck Protection Program website
- Department of the Treasury CARES Act website
Fiscal Year 2020 Emergency Management Performance Grant Program (EMPG-S) COVID-19 Supplemental
Homeland Security announces their COVID-19 response through this grant program, where FEMA will award $100 milion in supplemental FY 2020 funding to support planning and operational readiness for COVID-19 preparedness and response; development of tools and strategies for prevention, preparedness, and response; and ongoing communication and coordination among federal, State, local, tribal and territorial partners throughout the response.
FEMA ADVISORY – COVID-19 WHOLE OF AMERICA RESPONSE
In support of the COVID-19 pandemic response, FEMA provides the following: FEMA Project Airbridge video Advisory; Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Preservation Best Practices Advisory and Fact Sheet, and a Resource Requests from the International Reagent Resource (IRR) Advisory and Fact Sheet.
For more information about FEMA's response and a detailed overview of each program, CLICK HERE
30 Days to Slow the Spread
On March 16, President Trump announced public health guidelines to slow the spread of Coronavirus in America. He asked every family to unite against this invisible enemy, making changes to our daily routines as part of a national effort to save lives. As he said on Monday, it’s likely that a peak in Coronavirus fatalities will arrive in about two weeks. If we continue to follow public health guidelines vigorously, we could save more than 1 million American lives in the weeks and months ahead. A million American lives are worth fighting for. That’s why this week, President Trump extended his Coronavirus Guidelines for America through the next 30 days. Please click here for more information: 30 Days to Slow the Spread (Español)
Assess your company’s disaster readiness. Develop a business continuity plan to stay in business and generate revenues during a crisis.
Learn more by calling FloridaMakes: 407-450-7206 or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org