Manufacturers adhere to specific laws and regulations. The most successful and competitive manufacturers demonstrate achievement of the highest standards.
FloridaMakes helps manufacturers achieve excellence in in implementation, compliance, and training. We help you match and, in many cases, exceed industry standards, and when something is outside of our expertise, we connect you to the best. This is a sampling of how we assist manufacturers.
- We offer assessments that provide your company a roadmap for obtaining the desired level of Cybersecurity Maturity Model (CMMC) Certification, including a gap analysis against the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Publication 800-171, and the Department of Defense’s (DoD) new CMMC standards for cybersecurity. The analysis will provide a roadmap to compliance and assistance in developing a System Security Plan and a Plan of Action and Milestones.
- Training and implementation of the action items resulting from the assessments.
For more information, visit Cybersecurity
ISO Quality Standards
ISO standards help organizations improve their performance by establishing standardized, repeatable steps that companies implement for their business goals and objectives, and to create an organizational culture that establishes a continuous cycle of evaluation, correction and process improvement.
The benefits of ISO standards and certification include:
- More efficient use of resources and improved financial performance
- Improved risk management and protection of people and the environment
- Increased capability to deliver consistent and high-quality services and products
- Increased value to customers
FloridaMakes can assist your company with planning, training and preparation for obtaining certification for the following standards:
- ISO 9001: This standard is used by organizations to demonstrate their ability to consistently provide products and services that meet customer and regulatory requirements and to demonstrate continuous improvement.
- ISO 13485: specifies requirements for a quality management system where an organization needs to demonstrate its ability to provide medical devices and related services that consistently meet customer and applicable regulatory requirements.
- ISO 22000: The standard provides a framework for organizations to develop, implement, monitor and continually improve a food safety management system, or FSMS, within the context of their overall business risks.
- ISO 14001: Provides practical tools for companies looking to manage their environmental responsibilities and set the criteria for an Environmental Management System (EMS). It exists to help organizations minimize how their operations negatively affect the environment, comply with applicable laws, regulations, and other environmentally oriented requirements, and continually improve.
- ISO 45001: Organizations recognize the need to control and improve health and safety performance and do so with occupational health and safety management systems. The primary objective of ISO 45001 is to instruct Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) auditors in the principals and practices specific to auditing for conformance with national and international regulations.
- AS9100: This certification is for organizations doing business in the aerospace industry. The standard is based on organizational processes and emphasizes the need to satisfy internal, governmental and regulatory requirements.
Environmental Health & Safety
Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) / OSHA compliance and training can have a dramatic impact on worker’s health and a company’s financial health due to the potential for significant fines, workers compensation insurance premiums and potential lawsuits. FloridaMakes can help position your company to reduce the financial and health risk to a company through a comprehensive list of trainings including but not limited to HAWOPR, OSHA 10/30, Active Shooter, Lock-Out/Tag-Out.