From keeping you informed about the issues that matter most, to providing you with the tools needed to share your opinion with legislators, the Advocacy and Public Policy section of our website serves as your gateway to get involved and influence the decisions that impact Florida’s manufacturing industry and its ecosystem.
Our efforts help guide the manufacturing agenda by providing support to the members of the FloridaMakes Network in creating public policy to help manufacturers compete globally and grow and prosper locally. We provide the Network with ongoing advocacy tools to help build a positive business environment for manufacturers by advocating responsive legislation, regulatory practices and implementing initiatives that will bring light to the impact the industry has on Florida’s economy.
The Regional Manufacturers Associations in Florida have collectively agreed to support and collaborate on the below legislative priorities for the 2021 Session. These elevate the issues that are most important to their manufacturing stakeholders across the state.
- Establish a Manufacturing and Supply Chain Caucus in the Florida Legislature for the benefit of industry policy
- Invest in Training and Jobs Programs including apprenticeships and workforce development
- Support Florida supplier initiatives, including a Buy Florida Act, a supplier tax credit, and addressing supply chain deficiencies
- Strengthen the resilience of Florida’s manufacturing sector by increasing investment in higher education career and technical education
- Strengthen economic development initiatives, including QTI, recurring state funds for FloridaMakes, and investing in programs made to increase Florida’s exports
To get involved, please contact Zoraida.Velasco@floridamakes.com or find your local regional manufacturer association.