FloridaMakes has two openings for a Business Advisor (BA), one located in Central Florida and one in Southeast Florida. The successful BA will have operational and financial expertise in manufacturing.
The Business Advisor works to increase FloridaMakes and the affiliated Manufacturer’s Association’s market positions and financial growth. This person builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
The Business Advisor will have manufacturing and operational expertise that can guide client firms through a comprehensive assessment of the strategy, a discovery process to identify opportunities for growth, and connectivity to public and private service providers to assist them along their development pathway.
- Conduct sales calls to companies. Prospect for potential clients.
- Promote FloridaMakes and the affiliated Regional Manufacturers Association.
- Conduct on-site business assessments of manufacturers. This protocol will allow the Business Advisor to have a structured approach to developing an efficient growth strategy for the firm. The Assessment will lead to fee-based projects, creating measurable impacts for the manufacturer.
- Identify, propose and capture client training and consulting engagements for third-party delivery. Oversee, as the principal account manager, the execution, performance, and delivery of third-party client training and consulting engagements, including follow-up client satisfaction and performance surveys.
- Develop an in-depth area of expertise and become a state-wide “team lead” for this area, such as export strategies, supply chain management, lean and green, and technology transfer, as examples.
- Develop, capture and maintain information within the FloridaMakes CRM system to ensure the reliability, accuracy, and currency of client information throughout all stages of client relationship management, from prospect through delivery.
- Create success stories based on successful, high-impact projects with manufacturing clients.
- Prepare written monthly reports for the association, stakeholders, and FloridaMakes management.
- Conduct joint strategic planning to grow and expand the Manufacturer’s Association market penetration and value proposition in a manner that supports the objectives of the association, FloridaMakes and the needs of the region’s manufacturing businesses.
- Develop and cultivate partnerships with local and regional resources such as CareerSource Boards, Economic Development Agencies, Community Colleges and Universities, Chambers and other stakeholders.
- Participate in association events, industry functions, conferences, trade shows, and stakeholder events.
- Assist the management of the Manufacturing Association with association activities, including joint visits and event participation. Identify and register new members for the Manufacturing Association.
- Attend state-wide and/or national training events. Contribute best practices to the FloridaMakes team.
- Other duties as required.
The two positions are located in Central and Southeast Florida, and the employee will be expected to work out of their home. Travel will be extensive in both areas, with occasional travel throughout the state or nationally.
The employee uses computer and telephone equipment and will have extensive travel driving his/her car. The employee may be required to staff a trade show booth and conduct or participate in plant tours. The employee may be subject to low to moderate noise levels during plant tours, and maybe, infrequently, be exposed to fumes or airborne particles during these tours.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Business Advisor, while reporting to the Chief Operating Officer of FloridaMakes, is part of the Manufacturer’s Association Team. This position is not expected to have supervisory responsibility.
The successful candidate will have five years P&L experience and ten years of progressive experience in manufacturing. Business development, consultative sales, finance and/or engineering experience is a plus.
The candidate will have a BA/BS in a related field or demonstrated equivalent experience. A master’s degree is a plus.
- Proven track record of successful business development and deal capture.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate from the shop floor to the CEO/Board level.
- Commitment to achieving individual and team performance goals.
- Problem-solving, financial and strategic skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to comply with detailed reporting requirements.
Compensation is based on experience. FloridaMakes offers a suite of medical plans, a 401K plan, other benefits, and has a generous time-off policy.
FloridaMakes provides improvement solutions to manufacturers to increase both top and bottom-line growth. We deliver innovative assessment, training and consulting services customized to meet the specific needs of our clients. Clients include all manufacturers in the state of Florida, with a focus on small-to-mid-size firms. FloridaMakes is the NIST Hollings Manufacturing Extension Partnership center in Florida and is a non-profit partnership of federal, state, and private industry (www.floridamakes.com).
FloridaMakes, headquartered in Orlando, FL, partners with regional manufacturers associations to provide services to manufacturers throughout the entire State. Business Advisors are co-located with these partners to leverage and enhance the services provided.