The MAKE MORE Manufacturing Summit is a leadership-focused meeting designed around connecting ecosystem stakeholders with the needs and realities of industry leaders from the manufacturing sector.
It intends to serves as an annual platform to exchange ideas around how our state resources are addressing the impact of market dynamics, economic trends and policies, and new technologies in this sector. Join in-depth discussions as we build a road-map to strengthen and advance Florida’s economy through innovation, talent development, and leveraging our resources to accelerate the productivity and technological performance of its manufacturing sector.
- Technology acceleration
- Talent development
- Business growth
- Business environment
Click here to view Q & A responses
- Tony Carvajal, Executive Vice President, Florida Chamber Foundation
- Kevin Carr, CEO, FloridaMakes
- Carroll Thomas, Director, Manufacturing Extension Partnership, National Institute of Standards and Technology.
Keynote Address: State of Florida’s Manufacturing
- Dr. Jerry Parrish, Chief Economist and Director of Research, Florida Chamber Foundation
STATE PERSPECTIVES ON MANUFACTURING
- Cissy Proctor, Executive Director, Florida Department of Economic Opportunity
ADVANCING MANUFACTURING TALENT
Moderator: Andra Cornelius, Senior Vice President, Business & Workforce Development, CareerSource Florida
- Manufacturing Skills Gap: Adrienne Johnston, Chief, Bureau of Labor Market Statistics, Florida Department of Economic Opportunity
- Workforce Sector Strategies: Tina Berger, Executive Director, Advanced Manufacturing Workforce Leadership Council, FloridaMakes
- Manufacturing Apprenticeships: Richard "Ted" Norman, Florida Director of Apprenticeship, Florida Department of Education
- 21st Century Workforce Challenges: Denise Ball, Workforce Development Specialist, Tooling U-SME
- Florida Advanced Technological Education Center: Phil Centonze, Director, Client Engagement Services, FloridaMakes, presenting on behalf of FLATE 2.0
- National Best Practices: Mary Ann Pacelli, Manager, Workforce Development, National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Roy Sweatman, President, Southern Manufacturing Technologies
- Joe Regan, Director of Manufacturing, Interventional Solutions, Cardinal Health Company
- Dale Ketcham, Vice President, Government & External Relations, Space Florida
- Art Hoelke, Vice President & General Manager, Knight’s Armament Company
Keynote Address: Industry 5.0
Introduction: Bob Provitola, DVP Global Collaboration, Manufacturing & Repair, Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems Americas, Inc.
- Dr. Edward (Ned) Hill, Professor of Public Administration and City & Regional Planning, John Glenn College of Public Affairs, Ohio State University
MANUFACTURING GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES
Moderator: Tim Vanderhoof, Senior Vice President, Business Development Enterprise Florida, Inc.
- Nancy K. Bryan, President & CEO, BioFlorida, Inc.
- Frank DiBello, President & CEO, Space Florida
- Chester Kennedy, CEO, BRIDG
- Marc Hoenstine, Director, Economic Development, Duke Energy Corporation
- Joel Gunter, Senior Director of Business Development, Enterprise Florida
FLORIDA’S MANUFACTURING BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT
Moderator: Robert Weissert, Executive Vice President & Special Counsel to CEO, Florida TaxWatch
- Mike Grissom, Executive Vice President, Enterprise Florida, Inc.
- Lake Ray, President & Executive Director First Coast Manufacturers Association
- Tom Feeney, President & CEO, Associated Industries of Florida
- Ned Hill, Professor of Public Administration and City & Regional Planning, John Glenn College of Public Affairs, Ohio State University
OPEN DISCUSSION: RECOMMENDATIONS FOR NEXT STEPS
Co-Moderator: Tony Carvajal, Executive Vice President, Florida Chamber Foundation
Co-Moderator: Kevin Carr, CEO, FloridaMakes