Florida Sterling Manufacturing Business Excellence Award Process - 2020
This award and process have been developed through the cooperative efforts of strategic partners, FloridaMakes and The Florida Sterling Council. The award examiners’ team is comprised of individuals who contribute time, expertise, and diverse perspectives in company evaluations.
The purposes of this award process are:
- To recognize high-performing Florida manufacturing companies.
- To offer an avenue for networking and sharing of best practices.
- To provide feedback and opportunities for improvement to encourage and develop higher performance in participant companies.
- To elevate the community perception of the Florida manufacturing sector and its positive contribution to the Florida economy.
- The process begins with nominations of manufacturers. Eligibility: All manufacturers with production facilities in Florida are eligible to participate. It is not necessary for the nominee to be a member of any association. A nomination may be made by any individual or organization including any industry group, supplier, customer, workforce or economic development organization, or government agency. Self-nominations are also acceptable.
To nominate, use the online Nomination Form or send an email to SMBE@FloridaMakes.com. Simply, please include your contact information as well as the nominee company name with a point of contact name and email address. No nomination write-ups are required.
The final day for nominations is Friday, December 20, 2019.
- Following nomination, the Nominee will be notified and asked to complete the Organizational Profile and responses to the Overview questions. These and any attachments should be forwarded to SMBE@FloridaMakes.com. The writing style and format does not matter and are not evaluated; responses in bulleted form are acceptable. The Organizational Profile provides context for evaluation, detailing information of the company, and describes internal and external pressures and influences. The Overview responses provide examiners with an initial understanding and overview of the company processes and systems.
The Organizational Profile and Overview responses should be submitted by Monday, January 6, 2020.
- Once the Organizational Profile and Overview are submitted, an initial web meeting is scheduled with the Nominee and a team of Examiners to overview and discuss the company business. Discussion will include review of basic elements of high performance based on the Evaluation Criteria Manufacturers screening favorably advance to the Semi-Finalist stage of the competition. Then an Examiner team will visit each Semi-Finalist to evaluate company systems and practices.
- Upon completion of all site visits, Examiners confer to review the evaluations, select, and recommend Finalists. A team of Judges will review the recommended Finalist evaluations and decide the winners. Awards will be made based on scoring against the criteria for high performance. Finalists and Winners will be recognized in Orlando on May 28, 2020, at the Manufacturing Finalists Reception and Dinner and on May 29, 2020 at the Florida Sterling Annual Awards Banquet.
- All Finalists will be provided value-added evaluation feedback, offering identified company strengths and opportunities for improvement. Finalists should also expect to be invited to participate in knowledge sharing and developmental activities in the manufacturing community.