Manufacturing in Florida had over 21,000 establishments in the second quarter of 2020 and 384,000 jobs were reported by December of the same year. Manufacturing is accounted for 4.5% of Florida's GSP by January 2021. Understanding the existing business landscape manufacturers are dealing with will be essential for Florida to continue diversifying the economy to remain a global competitor. The Business Growth Segment will discuss what the current state of the manufacturing ecosystem looks like, the challenges, strategies and opportunities manufacturers are facing around workforce, growth capital, supply chains and emerging markets.
- State of Florida's Manufacturing Industry
- Growth Capital
- Supply Chains
- Emerging Opportunities
- Business Climate
Who Should Attend?
- Manufacturing CEO and Business Development leads
- Statewide decision makers
- Economic development professionals
- Government agencies
- Workforce development professionals
- Procurement and supply chain professionals
Discussions will Include
- Having a robust talent pipeline is critical to the sustained growth of the industry?– what resources are companies seeking and using to ensure their workforce is ready for their business to grow?
- Access to capital and the right resources to manage growth are imperative for the success of any small- to medium-sized manufacturer – what challenges are these companies encountering when deciding how to make best use of growth capital available? How do we ensure growth capital is readily available for this industry??
- The pandemic highlighted the importance of resilient supply chains. How do we capitalize on the CoVID induced trend to on-shore supply chains? What are Florida’s supply chain capabilities and how do we work on keeping it “local”?
- Manufacturing spans over many industries. Identifying the growth clusters in Florida’s emerging manufacturing markets and how to take advantage of those opportunities will be key in sustaining growth for the industry.
Investment levels are available for the full Summit or per segment. All sponsors will receive a virtual exhibit booth in the Made in Florida Expo during all four segments through October.
Become a Sponsor